We are immensely proud of our heritage and connection to Stamford, which can be traced back to Mr James Richardson in 1812, and we remain the towns oldest firm of Chartered Surveyors & Estate Agents. Today we embrace the traditional values formed by our predecessors and couple them with a modern outlook to concepts and ideas.
Following the creation of the business, the firm rose to become one of the country’s leading Timber Auctioneers travelling across the United Kingdom towards the end of the 19th century and early part of the 20th century selling both standing and fallen timber for uses such as the rapidly growing railway network, ship building and furniture production. Around this time the firm regularly set national records for the value of individual trees.
The original offices were located at 15 Barn Hill, Stamford and in May 1897 the National Telephone Co Ltd installed the first telephone, fittingly with the phone number of “Stamford 15”. Further developments saw mains electricity installed by Urban Electric Supply Co. in September 1911.
Auctioneering at a local level remained an important part of the business and we regularly undertook Farm Dispersal Sales and worked in partnership at both Bourne and Stamford Cattle Markets. Shortly after the First World War we also held regular Horse Sales at Essendine village.
The evolution of the firm has continued over the years up to the present where we now operate a thriving multi-disciplined business committed to providing an excellent service to all our clients. Whilst Partners and Employees have changed over the years our core ethos has remained the same in endeavoring to treat all parties with respect, whilst achieving fair and resolute outcomes in everything we do.